The Bible provides 10 key indicators that determine whether a person is truly receiving visions from God.
They are …
- A true prophet’s predictions will “come to pass” (Jeremiah 28:9)
- He will glorify God rather than himself (John 16:13)
- He does not give his own private interpretation (2 Peter 1:20, 21)
- He points out sin (Micah 3:5-8)
- He warns of coming judgment (Isaiah 24:20, 21)
- He edifies the church (1 Corinthians 14:3, 4)
- His message harmonizes with the Bible (Isaiah 8:20)
- He teaches that Jesus came in the flesh (1 John 4:1-3)
- He has a Christian character (Matthew 7:16-20).
- He is obedient to the will of God (Deuteronomy 18:18).
Modern psychics simply don’t measure up!. Their predictions fail often. They sometimes seem more interested in acquiring fame than in glorifying God. They rarely point out sin or warn of judgment. They often espouse astrology, palm reading, reincarnation, and spirit communication — all of which are condemned in the Word of God.
What’s worse, they don’t adhere to biblical teaching, nor do they generally teach the Christian doctrine of the incarnation of Christ. And the fruits of their teachings, as well as their lives, are often out of harmony with the Bible. Jesus says of them, “Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits” (Matthew 7:16).