Worry and anxiety are all-too common in our hurried, stressful, unpredictable lives. For some, anxiety is an infrequent occurrence; for others, it’s a constant, distressing companion. Most of us fall somewhere in between. But God wants something better for us. You can claim these encouraging promises from your loving Father in heaven …
1. “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6, 7). God invites you to come to Him with all your concerns and needs; He longs to help you find positive solutions to your problems.
2. “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid” (John 14:27). It’s no ordinary peace Jesus offers you, but a powerful peace that works to eclipse your fear and anxiety.
3. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths” (Proverbs 3:5, 6). If you’re anxious over choices you must make, put your entire faith in the God of your life and He will steer you in the right direction.
4. “Cast your burden on the Lord, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved” (Psalm 55:22). God wants you to lean on Him for support; He will carry all your burdens and keep you from slipping.
5. “And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful” (Colossians 3:15). God will drive out your anxious thoughts and fill your heart and mind with peace when you focus on Him.
6. “I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety” (Psalm 4:8). A lack of proper rest only increases anxiety; trust your problems to the Lord and go to sleep knowing He is watching over you.
7. “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand” (Isaiah 41:10). It’s safe to release all your fears and worries into God’s capable hands, knowing that He is right beside you, holding you up and providing the help and strength you need each day.
8. “And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19). Worrying over material needs is a waste of energy; our all-powerful God owns the entire universe and will take care of you—His precious child!
Grasp the solid reassurance in God’s Word, and know that He will stay right with you through any circumstances life can throw your way!
Source : Amazing Facts