16 Identifying Marks Of The AntiChrist Beast Of Revelation
Before I lay out the rest of the identifying marks in order, we need to understand one more thing about the antichrist. Its clear so far that the antichrist is more like a religious/political system than a person. But remember how this kingdom has a “little horn” power? Notice in Daniel 7:8 how out of the Fourth Roman kingdom the little horn has “eyes as a man” and a mouth. Now go back to Revelation 13 which speaks about this same leading man, Revelation 13:18 helps us understand that this antichrist system has a literal antichrist MAN at its head! Another clue!
“Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the BEAST: for it is the number of a MAN; and his number is Six hundred threescore and Six (666).” (Keep in mind that it’s a man, and not a women, see also 2 Thessalonians 2:3).
Now, lets get those Identifying marks.
1. He will rise up out of the ten divisions of Rome.
2. He will destroy three of these kings of these ten divisions, the Heruli,
Vandals and the Ostrogoths
3. He will “speak great words against the most high” Meaning, he will speak “blasphemy” (Rev. 13:5), which means to claim to be God and to forgive sins (See John 10:33, Mark 2:7).
4. He will “wear out” the saints of God. He is a persecuting power.
5. He “thinks to change times and laws” Daniel 7:25.
6. He resides in Rome and deceives the nations with “peace.”
7. His kingdom is a Political and Religious kingdom, meaning he has unity between “church” and “state.”
8. Is a great “city” which resides in Rome between 7 mountains (Revelation 17:9 and 18).
9. He is a “man” and his name will equal 666
10. He and his kingdom (the city –Rev. 17:18) are a “Rich” church (Rev. 17:4), wearing the colors purple and scarlet.
11. He does not desire ‘women’ and forbids marriage.
12. He is famous and everyone admires him (Rev. 13:3) and is among many “peoples and nations and tongues” as represented by the “sea and waters” Rev. 17:15.
13. He denies Jesus came in the flesh (1 John 4:3).
Can you figure out who this beast power is? Let me give you THREE more identifying Marks:
14. This antichrist rules for “42 months” or “3 ½ years” and during this time it persecutes and kills thousand of saints (See Daniel 7:25 and Revelation 13:5).
15. After this time period his power is taken from him and he dies “receives a deadly wound to death” but his power is then given back to him “deadly wound is healed,” read Revelation 13:3.
16. The beast is one that was, is not, yet is (Revelation 17:8).