At least seven people have been killed in a gun attack on a bus near a Coptic Christian monastery inEgypt, the Church has said.
At least 14 people had also been wounded in the assault, the archbishop of Minya said, with officials saying the death toll was likely to rise.
Gunshots were fired on pilgrims travelling to the remote desert monastery of Saint Samuel the Confessor, 160 miles up the River Nile from Cairo.
No group has immediately claimed responsibility for the attack on the bus but security officials said it bore the hallmarks of Islamic militants, who have previously targeted the site.
Church spokesman Bouls Halim said the death toll in Friday's attack, in the Minya governorate south of Cairo, is likely to rise.
ISIS militants have for years been fighting security forces in the Sinai Peninsula and along Egypt's porous desert border with Libya.
Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi said he mourned the victims as martyrs and vowed to push ahead with a campaign against militants.